Following on from my previous blog - Beauty Basics: Puffy Eyes, in this blog I'm focusing on eye bags.
I'm offering simple lifestyle changes, quick fixes, and product suggestions to tackle and send those bags packing.
With age, cells produce more free radicals, which indirectly break down collagen and elastin, causing skin to lose elasticity and structure. A pad of fat, the eye's "shock absorber," bulges outward, while fat below the eye thins. Water retention amplifies the problem.
Eat vitamin C-rich foods to support collagen production.Tap the eye area lightly while moisturiz-ing to help dissipate excess fluid, says Cox. To reduce water retention, drink water, limit alcohol, and get more rest.
Place cucumber slices (for astringency) or chilled caffeinated tea bags (for tannins) on eyes for 15 minutes to tighten skin and absorb fluid.
Ingredients to Look For
- Tea to diminish excess fluid
- Vitamin A to boost collagen
- Vitamins C and E to help block collagen-degrading enzymes and sweep up free radicals
- Cucumber, oatmeal, persimmon, or witch hazel to tighten skin
- Yeast extract to limit free-radical damage and promote cell renewal
- RE9 Advanced Corrective Eye Cream by Arbonne - £49
- Orbe Eye Contour Crème by SJAL - £118
What are your favourite tips, tricks and products for tackling eye bags ?
Welcome to your guide to beautiful skin. I'm a cruelty free hair and makeup artist, skin expert, and advocate for gorgeous glowing skin !